Job Title: Residential Mortgage Loan Officer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivering great customer service and building relationships in the Philadelphia community. It is essential that this candidate brings positivity and organizational skills in order to best support the customers.
Overview: Responsible for originating mortgage applications for the Philadelphia Community with a focus on minority neighborhoods and minority borrowers.
- Make credit available to a diverse customer population.
- Develop tactics to source new business in “majority minority” communities, whether through direct engagement with borrowers or via the establishment of a referral network.
- Assist borrowers in completing their applications for financing, gathering, and entering complete information.
- Analyze borrower qualifications to determine a prequalified loan amount while working with the borrower to identify the appropriate loan program and pricing.
- Deliver “best in class” customer service by promptly returning phone calls, answering questions, and providing education to prospective borrowers on loan product types.
- Abide by all state, federal, and local laws, including those regarding fair lending and nondiscrimination in the extension of mortgage services.
- Develop and foster internal and external client referral relationships to assist in generating an ever-increasing pipeline of loan applications.
- Meet and exceed published individual and department goals for sales activity, productivity, and processing times.
- Become the client’s “trusted advisor” by demonstrating knowledge of the lending function, bank policy, and industry underwriting criteria.
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ previous experience in a sales-oriented environment, with proven track record of success, required; network of established referral sources preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in originating residential loans.
- Providing loan products tailored to low-to-moderate income and/or first-time homebuyer programs preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Must be compliant with the SAFE Act and registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- Strong working knowledge of underwriting guidelines for each agency, as well as bank overlays for portfolio business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time extraordinarily well.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to interact well with Team members and customers.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized.
- Ability to achieve sales goals through relationship-based selling techniques.
We offer medical, dental, life insurance, 401K, and paid time off.
Parke Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we participate in E-Verify.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com