New Jersey Consumer Checking Account
The New Jersey Consumer Checking Act was establish into law in 1991 and requires all state and federally chartered banks, saving banks, savings & loan associations and credit unions to offer a New Jersey Consumer Checking Account (NJCC). The purpose of this act was to make available a low-cost, low volume checking account for New Jersey residents.
Our NJCC account is a non-interest bearing account which provides you with a monthly statement showing all account activity. For your convenience, images of your cancelled checks are also enclosed with your statement.
Features of This Basic Checking Account
- Minimum of $50.00 deposit to open account.
- Account must maintain a minimum balance of $1.00 to remain active.
- We reserve the right to limit you to eight withdrawals or checks per month; additional transactions may incur a fee of $.50 per item.
- Unlimited number of deposits.
- Monthly service charge $3.00
- There is a nominal charge for check printing.
Request More Info:
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) has permanently increased deposit insurance on all accounts to $250,000 per depositor.