Job Title: Fair Lending Compliance Officer
Parke Bank commenced operations in January 1999. The principal office is located at 601 Delsea Drive, Sewell, NJ. We conduct business in branches located in Northfield, NJ, Galloway, NJ, Collingswood, NJ, two branches in Sewell, NJ as well as two branches in Philadelphia, PA. Parke Bank is a full-service commercial bank with the emphasis on providing personal and business financial services to individuals and small-sized businesses primarily in Gloucester, Atlantic and Cape May countries in New Jersey and Philadelphia and surrounding counties in Pennsylvania.
Parke Bank is looking for a Fair Lending Compliance Officer who will be responsible for maintaining an effective Fair Lending Program to ensure that the Bank remains compliant will all Fair Lending laws, regulations, and guidance. Partners with business unit managers to identify and correct potential Fair Lending Risk issues. Train staff and advise Senior Management and Board of any risk and corrective actions. This position will develop, implement, administer, and coordinate all aspects of the Bank’s Fair lending program by working with the appropriate internal and external individuals, groups, or business lines to achieve continuous improvement to and ongoing success of the Fair Lending Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage Fair Lending compliance efforts throughout the Bank and ensure that the Bank’s Fair Lending program is risk-based and appropriate for the size and complexity of the Bank.
• Work collaboratively with Senior Management to identify and manage Fair Lending risk across the bank.
• Develop and implement robust Fair Lending risk reporting tools, including key risk indicators.
• Develop the Bank’s annual Fair Lending plan and set the scope of frequency of monitoring activities.
• Complete periodic Fair Lending reviews, including ongoing comparative file reviews, marketing analysis, quality of assistance, exceptions, and redlining reviews, ensure appropriate remediation occurs, and maintain adequate work papers to support findings.
• Conduct annual risk assessment that evaluates the level and direction of the Bank’s Fair Lending risk in underwriting, pricing, marketing, steering, and redlining.
• Prepare clear and concise written reports that identify and explain the root cause and the necessary remediation process as well as prepare quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors.
• Lending risk-work closely with the CRA Officer
• Oversee the Fair Lending training program for employees, Senior Management, and the Board of Directors, including assigning and tracking completion of Fair Lending training, and developing and delivering customized training as needed.
• Assist in the coordination of audit and regulatory examinations, including advance preparation, follow-up on issues and observations, and develop written responses as needed.
• Develop and maintain written polices/procedures needed for the Fair Lending Program.
• Review credit policies/procedures, loan operation processes, loan pricing, marketing strategies, new and modified lending products, business changes and services performed by third party vendors to proactively identify any Fair Lending issues.
• Attend training programs on Fair Lending to remain current with changing regulations and requirements and effectively implement any new and changing regulatory requirements. Disseminate the information to Bank personnel and lead change efforts, as necessary, to maintain compliant process, procedures, and activities. Work with affected business units to ensure appropriate compliance with new and changing requirements.
• Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain a current understanding of Bank policies and procedures in compliance with all federal and state laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (SARs, CIP, OFAC), Information Security (GLBA), Identity Theft Red Flags, Financial Elder Abuse Reporting, and any other applicable regulations that may be specific to your job duties.
• Communicate a culture of compliance need for effective internal controls and high ethical standards.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Advanced computer database and MS Office skills
• 5+ years of financial institutional consumer compliance experience, including specific experience in Fair Lending and managing Fair Lending regulatory examinations.
• Extensive experience performing Fair Lending risk assessments, comparative file reviews, redlining analysis, and other monitoring activities.
• Expert knowledge of Fair Lending laws and regulations, and regulatory guidance/examination processes.
• Proven ability to collaborate with Management to design enhance and implement both preventative and detective controls.
• Ability to lead an internal team to develop and execute the Fair Lending strategic plans and manage multiple complex projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Highly motivated with the ability to be proactive, take initiative and carefully monitor, follow through and complete responsibilities in a professional and timely manner.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with working independently.
• Excellent analytical skills, with experience conducting and understanding data/statistical analyses.
• Proven ability to effectively train and instruct other in formal and informal settings.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report development/presentation skills at the Board Level.
• Thorough working knowledge of bank branch operations and lending processes.
We offer medical benefits, dental benefits, life insurance, 401K, paid vacation, personal and sick days.
Parke Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.